WSC or WSK owners, seeking Butt cook info

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
WSC and WSK owners only, seeking your replies for cook times, and cook temps for butts, either bone-in or bone out, please.

i'm preparing for a bday cook for my eldest spawn and he's requested some smoked butt, along with some other smoked meats i'll be doing in this cook.

so, would like to know from those that have done LAS (220-275F cooks), time runs on you butts and weight and anyone having done a 300F cook, time runs and weight AND if 300F delivered a similar result to a 225-275F cook.

and if you have any homemade rubs that you like and want to share, i'd like to learn about them. i have my own magic dust which i use on many different pork products and the fam likes, but also open to seeing what others are doing.

i will be making a sauce to dress the pulled pork (optional for those wanting sauce) which'll be a SBR base modded to a vinegar and hotter flavor profile (gran garlic, gran onion, black pepper, chili powder, dash cumin, cayenne, ground chili de arbol powder, ground, pasilla pepper, honey and sugar).

nothing against kettle folks and their cooks, just seeking cook temp/time from WSC WSK owners as that's what I am cooking on for this session.

TYIA for your replies, input and feedback. it's much appreciated.

Back