Wrong handle for Gen 1000?

AlexHanWI

TVWBB Fan
I ordered this this handle: Weber Lid Handle /Spirit 500, thinking that it would work for my Genesis 1000.

I didn't check and measure my current handle, as I ASSUMED that it would be the same handle, but when I measured this weekend, it's the Genesis takes a 25" handle, vs this one from the description says it's 24" handle.

I'll find out tomorrow when I receive it, but thought I'd ask, is the handle I bought too short for the Genesis 1000?

Yep, I do believe you bought the handle that is generally on the two burner models and you need the longer handle for the three burner models.

That is a good price though. I have order from that place before. I ordered some black grill knobs from him before I learned how to dye them.

Yep, I do believe you bought the handle that is generally on the two burner models and you need the longer handle for the three burner models.
That is a good price though. I have order from that place before. I ordered some black grill knobs from him before I learned how to dye them.

He bought the wrong part but got a good price...I love the irony! And one out of two ain't bad when you think about it.

Last edited:
He bought the wrong part but got a good price...I love the irony! And one out of two ain't bad when you think about it.

Good price, but going to return it as I don't have any use for the handle. So i'll have to eat the cost of shipping/return shipping, and use as a lesson learned to before assuming it fits.

I just don't want extra parts that I don't plan on using lying around.

Back