Wow Wow Wow Wow.....many thanks to the moderators and old school regulars!

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Well I took some time off from doing resto's approx 4 or 5 months. The itch is starting to come back but the goal is to be extremely selective and only resto one at a time and no pre sales.
I just wanna say a huge thank you to all that have improved and added on to the how to pages. I popped on there to take a look and was blown away with all of the available links and video's posted. At the time I had 3 questions and the how to pages answered them all.
Nice work to all involved!!!!!!!!! A special thanks to Bruce for the added vids as well. Simply awesome!!!!

Jim, glad to hear you are back in the game. What models of grills do you plan on concentrating on?

Thanks Bruce. Well when I exited stage right I still had 3 grills that I hadnt finished. 1 wobbly rickety red top 1000.....1 nat gas black hood 1000.....and one stainless 300 series w rusted out bottom section. I started toying with the red topper cause she's a red topper. It intrigued me because I had never repaired a wobbly frame ( even though I had watched your vids ) and I had never replaced a cross bar ( even though I had watched your vids ). So I snuck up on the red top and got er goin.....only to be defused by the sandblasted cook box :( ..... Since I have had the itch I have accidently picked up 3 1000's to make two really good ones.
I am not seeing the level of inventory that I normally see around here........so to answer your question I would like to resto works of art......classics. If not works of art I would like to scoop no brainers......The type of grill that the previous owner just replaced burners bars and grates but his family bought him a new Weber for his birthday......easy money :) ...

The one Chris put together on the top of the list in gas grills........it says the most popular blah blah blah............if u havent opened it in a while u need to take a look.....there is everything anyone would need to know about a Weber grill in there and even video's and links to all the parts. Chris has made it so easy I am surprised he isnt delivering the parts right to your door and installing them. Its a wow wow wow for me....

Back