WOW - First Time !!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Finally fired up the WSM yesterday... Put the Lemon Pepper chicken from the Let's Cook site on the bottom rack, and the BRITU on the top !!! Both turned out awesome... I made a couple of mistakes however and they still turned out great... We own a Drive In restaurant and I did the smoking while at work for the day... BIG MISTAKE !! I got the fire started, got busy and didn't get the meat on for almost 45 minutes after I wanted to !! Next I got too busy to turn and baste the chicken like I was supposed to... Then to top it off, I got real busy and the meat probably stayed on the grill at least a half an hour too long... I pulled them off the grill at 8:15 P.M. and really didn't get to sit down to eat them until 10:45 !! And still no complaints... I did pull one rib off when I took it off the grill - and there was a difference for sure, but still awesome even after sitting for a couple hours..
Thanks to Chris and all who supplied answers to my questions about charcoal, smoking wood (I used the pellets, Paul) and other questions a first timer has...
Now I have another question - will the rub and sauce I put on the baby backs also do good for spare ribs... Not sure how many times I want to pay $4.99 a pound for baby backs and have to let them sit 2 hours before I get a chance to eat them...
Thanks again, and I can't wait to get that thermometer Chris... It sure will help on these "busy" days !!

Hi Gary!!

Great to hear of your success!! Imagine how good it will be when you have the leisure of baby sitting it!!

Everythinbg you use on the baby's should work just fine on the spares.

Best of luck!!

Stogie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back