Would you buy used Weber EX6 Gen 2?

If I had the cash and patio space, I’d be all over that deal. Worst case is you don’t get at least a part of the original warranty, and you’re forced to implement some of the hillbilly fixes that owners have developed.

I have to say that I have been tempted by some similar EX-4 bargains, but based on all we have seen, I think this is one grill that should be bought new from a qualified retailer and promptly registered with Weber (and receipt carefully stored away!)

I think you got lucky. I paid less than that for a used new one that someone never used. It could not keep temp even though it told me it did. I would wait for V3 if you really want a pellet grill. I would personally go with a gravity feed charcoal if going that route in the future.

Someone on this forum mentioned that Weber is being pretty strict on the SmokeFire in regards to the warranty. Meaning, you have to provide proof of purchase that YOU bought the unit. That's one of the reasons I'd be leery of buying a used unit, unless it was a really good price. I think having a warranty on this model is really needed with the potential issues.

Much more difficult than the warranty for a gas or charcoal grill, where you just plug in a serial #.

Back