WOOOOHOOO!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

THANKS for all the tips, help, and input from the forum members. I just finished eating my first smoke!! My entire family was here for the event. I did 6.5lbs babyback ribs on the bottom rack and 4lbs country style ribs on the top rack. It took exactly 6 hours to get everything done and it was
AWSOME!! There were high-fives and pats on the back all around. Not the BEST ribs I've ever had but they were damn good. The meat came off of the bone with just the slightest tug. the country ribs were meaty and juicy with a strong flavor.
I didn't use a rub or foil this time and I used apple wood for the smoke. THANKS TO ALL members who helped and guided me through this first process!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Congrats Tom!! Great to hear that you had a success. It's always nice to hear success stories from WSM folks. Only suggestion that I would make is, next time put they country ribs on bottom since the take a little longer. Did you mop the ribs or use apple juice?

I used apple juice. I also left the country style ribs on the smoker about 45 minutes longer than the baby backs. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back