WooHoo! Finally a good water smoker!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just received my WSB from Amazon and love it! I was using a Char-Broil H2O Smoker and hated every minute of it! It didn't hold a lot of product, didn't keep good temps, just bad, but for $25 at Home Depot it was a good starting point. I fired up the WSB for the first time last night at 10:00. Temp was 28* so I used the Minion Method and a full chiminey of hot coals. Put on a full pork shoulder and 3 rolled racks of ribs. The temp ran perfect, 235* at every check, all the way to 10:00 AM! The fire was starting to die but my shoulder needed a litte more temp, so I figured, why set up a full chiminey, but seeing as we had 3 whole chickens in the house, I stoked up a full one anyhow. The temp went right back up to 235* and everyone is happily smoking along! I love my WSB and wouldn't trade it for the world! Next weekend I plan on giving the BBQ Brisket a whirl and maybe even a pastrami. Additionally, if anyone is looking for some outstanding rub and sauce, look at rudys.com, their rub and sauce are really good authentic Texas style!

Tom
BBQ as you know it just got better keep your eyes on this site and you will get all the help you need to master the art of the WSM. I've been a member for a month and I can't begin to tell you just how much I've picked up from this site. Any veteran member out there reading this Thank you very much for your advice and help.

Norm /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tom

Did your WSM have any problems out of the box? Mine came from Amazon with a bad paint job and a small dent on the lip of the body. Weber is great and is sending me all new parts, but I wonder if this is isolated or if there is a bad batch.

--Erik

Norm, Thanks for the advice...I didn't even know Weber made a smoker before I found this site. And the knowledge is just first class. Has taken my cooking to a whole new level.
Eric, Yes mine came in with a bad bowl. Running enamel on the bottom of the bowl and the lip didn't have any paint on it at all. Weber CS sent me a new bowl, FedEx. Can't complain about the service. Thanx to everyone here who has helped me. Can't thank you all enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back