Wood Storage Question....help needed

Found some nifty reinforced plastic brackets to "plug-together" an outdoor wood crib.
Four brackets can be used to create a rectangle, sized as needed, using some pressure-treated 2 X 4 pieces.
(2) Long ground stringers that the wood is placed across
(2) short cross-pieces to "frame" the ground stringers
(4) Uprights to hold the split wood in
These chunks of 2X4 simply friction-fit into the brackets, which will not rot.
[Points of contact between the fire/smoke wood and Pressure-Treated are minimal, so I do not worry about it]

I agree with others about keeping the wood "off the ground", so that some air can circulate under it - but you only need a few inches of air space.
Set the bottom frame on concrete to the side of my driveway where it gets some sun (another stack in the back corner of my yard on top of patio blocks)
To keep the rain / snow mostly off - I lay a layer of old plywood on top with a brick or two to keep it from blowing away.
I have seen more elaborate set-ups with narrow shingled "roofs" set above the stack which would also work if you're feeling more ambitious...

I cut my wood down to 12 to 16-inch length, split it, and stack it in the crib.
Then, a few times a year, I use a chop-saw that I got at a Yard Sale to cut the wood into enough chunks to keep in a plastic bin (open top) in my garage

I am still using some wood that I picked-up about 3 years ago (mix of Apple, Cherry, & Pear) and it all seems fine

Hope this helps

Dang, I had a few sticks of Hickory sealed up in a bag, and after the weather warmed up, big black ants started swarming. I threw the whole bag in a fire pit and burned it down to ashes after one piece had bug holes all in it.

Back