Wireless mod for Auber ATC?

ashish debroy

TVWBB Fan
I've been following the LinkMeter thread with slack-jawed admiration.

I couldn't help but wonder if someone has found some middle ground eg. modifying an Auber (or similar) ATC to make it wireless? Seems like something like that would fill the void between springing for a Stoker/Guru vs. starting from scratch.

http://www.auberins.com/index....b6f5552e63c73bfdd1b4

I just bought an old Linksys router off of CL. One of these years I'll build up the gumption to take the plunge and start building a LinkMeter!

What are you trying to accomplish? Remote readings, remote control?

I have an auberins PID controller and it looks to me like hooking into it with some type of external interface would be a major undertaking.

Curt

I'm interested in remote monitoring with a web interface, remote control would be gravy.

I guess if one could wire up the Auber unit to some kind of transmitter, it wouldn't be that much harder to just build a LinkMeter?

I have been waiting for something like this. I am sure that it can be done, I am not smart enough to figure it out, at least not yet. Hopefully we can get some good responses and ideas. I need to look at the linkmeter discussion to see if it is something I can figure out.

You and me both, brother!

Remote monitoring and control would be ubercool, but I would settle for just remote monitoring over my home wifi.

The Linkmeter project is very interesting, and I would love to do it, but my skill set is minimal. I can barely solder 2 things together. I also looked at a parts list and it looks like the cost is about $150-200 depending on how many parts/tools you already have and could be more expensive if you damage parts in the process of putting it all together.

Seeing as how a Stoker or Guru would be about a $100 more, and the time/labor savings would be huge, I would be tempted to be a weeny and go the easy route of just buying one. But there's no challenge if I did that!
icon_smile.gif

Back