Winter Charcoal Sources

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Where do all you Northwesterners get your charcoal in the winter? During the summer I buy the twin packs of 20# Kingsford at Home Despot, but it appears they only stock it seasonally.

Thanks,
Don

You can get it at any Fred Meyer. Probably not at the price you're used to. Have you checked Jayhawks in Enumclaw?

I learned that lesson last year. Good priced charcoal become non-existent in the winter here in the NW. At one point, I was forced to buy a 10# bag from Safeway at more than the price I paid for a 2 pack of 24# bags at HomeDepot in the summer. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif This year, I stocked up before summer's end when HomeDepot was having a sale. Make a note for yourself for next year.

Don, have you tried any large downtown areas with specialty shops. Here in Detroit we have an area Downtown called Eastern Market. It is an outdoor farm market every saturday with fresh fruits, vegetables etc. In the same area are old fashioned businesses that are open mostly on the weekends but some stay open all week. There is a specialty spice shop that sells smoke wood and hardwood lump all year long. Cabelas also still has shelfs full if you have one of those in your town. We also have a butcher supply place that sells it for smoking sausage etc. You may have to think smaller to find it instead of a big chain, good luck, Ken

Just picked up 5 two packs last weekend from Home Depot, they still had lots. Maybe I better get another five today before they run out. Going to be a long winter.

I get my lump charcoal from a produce supplier. Usually pay around $10 for a 40 pound bag. I think they carry it year round since they serve restaurants. Unfortunately, no Kingsford.

The charcoal is already gone from my Costco...hope Home Depot still has some so I can stock up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back