Wings on the grill

Jim H.

TVWBB All-Star
Grilled 6 lbs. of big ole wings last night. Started with a generous sprinkle of Myron Mixon's chicken rub and let them sit while starting half a chimney of KBlue on the Performer. Added a chunk of pecan and a chunk of cherry, which must have been too dry because it burned up quickly. Seared the wings and stacked on the indirect side until they reached 175°. Tried a local grilling sauce, which was sweeter than I like, but had a nice bite of heat at the end. Good stuff! Didn't want to get the grill messy because it will be used to make pepper stout beef later today, so I sauced in a pan.

0525121848a.jpg

Teriyaki honey wings. The family's favorite.
0525121901.jpg

My hot wings, using half Frank's Hot Sauce and half Tabasco Buffalo sauce, with a sprinkle of Tony Chacherie's Creole seasoning, and some real butter to keep it together. I could eat a ton of these, but my aging system says that is no longer a good idea.
icon_frown.gif

0525121900d.jpg

Again no plated pics. Seems most of my recent cooks are done in a hurry because we have something else to do. I need to remind the fam that the meal IS the focus of the evening, not whatever they think we need to do. Frivolous things like going to the grocery store, or to a drive in movie like last night. Well, it should be the focus of the evening anyway!
icon_biggrin.gif

I served the wings with fries and some baked beans that had a handful of pulled pork leftover from last weekend because beans are better with something in 'em.
icon_cool.gif

Hope everybody has a great Smoke Day today. Be careful and enjoy your cooks today!

Back