Wings in Big Z

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Last night wife brought home a nice package of large chicken wings from our local Cattle & Cream shop (love that little shop). So I hit them generously with some Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub. Got them on Big Z at 180 for about 40 min to get nice smoke than cranked it to 410. I never opened the lid or touched them for about an hour total time (maybe 75 min), until I opened to probe them for temp and tender. Skin turned out very crispy, they were so juicy it was hard to grab them with the tongs without them squirting.
Got them in, let them chill out on a plate a few min. WOW! Spicy, crispy, smoky! Never tasted wings so darn good. Even my wife who really does not care for wings loved them. Definitely doing them like this again!
Sorry no photos. Devoured the evidence

No pics eh...................:LOL:
Story soooounds believable..........

Gotta say, I move to killer hogs a ton and the hot is good, it's really not that hot even when applied liberally.
It really brings out some good colour when the cooking is finished......it is however not overly crazy on any other spices including salt which can be good and bad. Sometimes I give it a mix with another spice or pre bottled spice for a change in pace.

Back