will it crack??

Sean C

TVWBB Member
brought a performer Gold, the wife said it can stay under the pergola providing i dont use the black cover! (says it looks junky)
now it gets a little rain from the gap by the fence, same as direct sun! will it crack over time? and can i use a car dash cleaner?

thanks

Last edited:
you could always find a large box, cut it and bend it to the shape of the table, paint it gray (the paint should keep the water from ruining it for a while) and lay it over the table. That way you are covering the plastic from the sun without really changing the look much.

Of course I don't know how picky your wife is, you might have to do a really good job

Sounds like she doesnt deserve any food off said grill. Also time to let her know her new shoes/purse/dress looks junky.

All kidding aside, it looks like you will be fine where it sits.

Actually I should say she hates the cover, (I brought it on gumtree for $10) looked good in photo, but its black faded black faded! Maybe I should get a new one!

Actually I should say she hates the cover, (I brought it on gumtree for $10) looked good in photo, but its black faded black faded! Maybe I should get a new one!
Let her pick out some nice, marine canvas and let her sew up a cover for you.
It will match perfectly !

The fitted weber brand cover for the performer looks good to me... mine is outside for over a year and has not faded.
There are also a few mods where someone has switched the plastic out for Granite... that should make her happy ;-)

I don't think the Performer table will crack anytime soon. If it ever did, you can always get a replacement. It's four screws, if I recall.

One tip on the Peformer cover: Find something about 8 to 10 inches tall to put on the table under the cover, pushing the cover up like a tent for rain to run off. Otherwise, water tends to puddle on top of the cover.

Get some vinyl paint in a color that you like, or maybe just build a wood shelter that matches the pergola and can be rolled in and out of.

In recent conversation, I learned that Weber's going to have a new cover for the Performers. It's part # 7152, and it's available through Weber Customer Service now, and in stores October 1st. The new cover is UV resistant, has velcro to snug it to the grill, and has a 3 year warranty. I did not get a price for it though.

Back