Will a new 22" WSM fit on a 2009 Performer?

Martin Y FL

Hello all!

New to forums. I have two older style WSMs. I am considering the new 22" WSM. Question is... will the new 22" WSM will fit on the performer? I would really like a work table and cart my WSM around instead of lifting it around... my back is getting tired. I checked the Weber site, but the specs are confusing.

It says on the 22" WSM smoker that it has 22.5" diameter cooking grates. Huh?? It doesn't make sense.

So... will it fit or what? Thanks in advance!
icon_smile.gif

Aloha and welcome Martin. I have what I believe to be a predecessor to the "Performer" called the "Platinum" (without a propane assist). I had the opportunity to purchase the mid section of a 22.5" WSM a few months ago. I bought it with the same intention as you and center section fits perfectly. So now I have a hybrid WSM that I found to be perfect for my old back and "high heat cooks." I will eventually add another grate to increase the capacity.

Hello Joe!

Thanks for responding! That gives me encouragement that it works! I haven't seen any Platinums around for my old WSMs. I was hoping if I get the new 22" WSM and the Performer together.. I was hoping it would fit nicely together.

Back