Wild Duck

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm a new member to this site. Just received my new WSM which I purchased because of the information I acquired here. Would appreciate a receipe for bbq smoked wild duck. Wild duck is much leaner and smaller than domestic. Would the process be different for the prime ducks like Pintail, Mallard, Widgeon and Teal, vs. others like Spoonbill and diving ducks? Diving ducks have darker and stronger tasting meat. I have breasted them and soaked them in milk and garlic, then grilled. Results were excellent! The milk technique works well on strong tasting fish also. I'd rather not breast the ducks. Thanks!

If you're leaving them whole, you skin them rather than pluck them, right? Even with skin on, how would you keep them from drying out? More to the point, is there really enough meat on the carcase to justify the bother?

I dunno, Greg. Onliest ones I've done were breasted, marinated overnight and then grilled hot in the kettle, with the lid off. Honkers, too. Couldn't want them much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back