wifi Guru Update...

D Arita

TVWBB Fan
For those interested, I got an email from Kenny Baker at Guru. Kenny says they are waiting on the enclosures for the devices and all other parts are in. He further says that release should be very soon. That's all for now...

I've been looking for an ATC system, and am waiting to see what features this new unit is going to have and what price they are going to sell it for.

Bob

It sure looks like BBQ Guru is making a challenge to the Stoker WIFI market supremacy...let's see which one is better..

I'm still waiting for this unit to be available. I just got off the phone with the BBQ Guru office and they said they are expecting the release to be any day now. The price she quoted the unit would be selling for is $299 and includes 4 probes.
Hope to see it soon.

Yeah, whatever...they told me "any day now..." a couple of months ago. I've kind of lost interest along with a lot of others...
Not a good way to introduce a new product.

i agree, i gotthe same from them about 4 weeks ago but i can still keep my fingers crossed. i'd like to hear a few people review it first before pulling the trigger.

I remember that some other company took a while to get their wifi out too? I guess I am feeling my age a day, month, year, its all good..

Well...it's here! Just got an email
"Thank you for your patience as we anticipate the arrival of the new CyberQ Wifi control. The control will be $295 and will include one pit probe, three meat probes, a power cord, and control stand. Fans and adaptors are additional as with all of our other systems.

You may purchase the control online as of Friday, April 27th and they will begin shipping on Monday, April 30th. Ordering directly on our website will ensure that your order will ship as soon as possible. Phone orders may be subject to a delay as they must then be entered by our staff manually.

Due to the overwhelming response we have received so far, if you need to call us regarding service questions/requests, you may choose to hold for the next available associate or you may leave a message. If you leave a message, the next available associate will contact you as soon as possible. You are welcome to email us which can result in a faster response time."
I'm a little over it and will wait to hear from others as to how well it works. Have fun!

My unit is shipping tonight...Happy Anniversary from my lovely wifey.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stefan B:
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please report back! We're all anxious to hear about how it works.

From how I read it seems only control's one pit. Unfortunate they couldnt allow a mix and match of the inputs so you could do combo's of 2 pits and 2 food.

Would then make it a good upgrade for the CyberQ II.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Arita:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stefan B:
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please report back! We're all anxious to hear about how it works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worked just as expected....you can see it in action here

Back