Wife says its a problem! I refer to it as ambitious Weber preservation!

Dave_C

TVWBB Fan
Honey I bought another old grill, actually I bought 2. And yes I bought both in the same day !
I think $50 for both was a pretty fair deal! The Genesis Gold came with a 2 year old Weber cover that's in great shape, 2 year old stainless
flavorizer bars, and 2 year old wide bar stainless grates. The Green Top 1000 needs a little work but, the lid is in great shape!
Anyway I was excited and thought I would share!

Attachments

• GenesisGold.JPG
    GenesisGold.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 27
  • GreenTop1000.JPG
    GreenTop1000.JPG
    328.8 KB · Views: 27
Early signs of Weberitis. It may be too late already.
Dr's, masking and vaccines won't help at this point, nor will a nagging wife. Might as well make the best of it. Market Place, Craigslist and the occasional curbside pickup are your only temporary fix. Rest easy though, you are amongst friends.

Good finds! On the Genesis 1000's it's all about the condition of the lid and control panel. The rest can be dealt with one way or another.
Regarding the control panel, is it literally just a matter of the preservation of all the words?

Or what makes a control panel "in good condition"?

Not rusted and good porcelean finish. No scratches or dings or dents.
They also get really faded and have what look like tiny white dots all over them. If it was light out I would show you a picture of a pretty bad one, it's on my every day grill that I took the nice control panel off to keep it nice.

This is as good as it gets: brand new control panel, new knobs, and new igniter switch. There is some dust on it as it's in my garage. 20220718_213144.jpg

I keep letting other things jump the line.

I really need to set aside some time for it.
Completely understandable. I have the opposite problem right now. I finished remodeling our master bathroom and have time to take on another grill restoration. The trouble is I can't find a grill I want to bother with, or I find a good one and they want big money for it. If I get desperate enough I might even start looking at Silvers.

Completely understandable. I have the opposite problem right now. I finished remodeling our master bathroom and have time to take on another grill restoration. The trouble is I can't find a grill I want to bother with, or I find a good one and they want big money for it. If I get desperate enough I might even start looking at Silvers.
Too bad shipping is so expensive or I'd send you one.

Like this when the price drops to $20
20220718_211532.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad shipping is so expensive or I'd send you one.
Yeah, no kidding. Everyone around here has decided their old, rusty grills are worth $100. The decent ones that you keep coming across for nothing or next to nothing are over $200. I don't get it.

Yeah, no kidding. Everyone around here has decided their old, rusty grills are worth $100. The decent ones that you keep coming across for nothing or next to nothing are over $200. I don't get it.
come on down, its only a 4000 mile round trip. Do you have anything that gets 40 MPG, it would only be $500 in gas :D

Let me know when you are coming. you can have a 2000. your choice of durawood, or original wood. LP or NG? Red, Maroon or green?

I'll throw in a MBH kettle ( with amazing patina) and the ugly green silver lid with the badly mounted extra temp gauge.

Then swing by Brett's and he'll make something amazing for dinner.

What time should we expect you :)

edit: and the 2000 I'd give you is in better shape than the one above.

Last edited:
Early signs of Weberitis. It may be too late already.
Dr's, masking and vaccines won't help at this point, nor will a nagging wife. Might as well make the best of it. Market Place, Craigslist and the occasional curbside pickup are your only temporary fix. Rest easy though, you are amongst friends.
The lid is in excellent condition and the control panel as well. Can you get the brackets that hold the wooden slats at the bottom? The 2 slats that are missing are due to bracket rust.

The lid is in excellent condition and the control panel as well. Can you get the brackets that hold the wooden slats at the bottom? The 2 slats that are missing are due to bracket rust.
Just grab a few more grills. You'll come across some usable z brackets in no time! You can tell your wife it is good for the environment, each grill in a landfill is absolutely dreadful!

Back