Why I like 3D printing in ABS

Jas E

TVWBB Super Fan
Besides the added strength and slightly higher temperature durability, I love the finishing options that are available to you. With acetone treatments, I've been getting some great finishes with glossy sheens and rich colours. I just thought I'd share the results of my latest experiments with acetone treatments.

KfC84pJ.jpg

Very cool to see the collection of the different colours. I'm a very happy recipient of one the black acetone finished cases from Jas.

@Jas E
I ran several Stratasys FDM machines. I preferred the PC-ABS blend as it was much stronger and better finish. What machine is that you are using?

@Jas E
I ran several Stratasys FDM machines. I preferred the PC-ABS blend as it was much stronger and better finish. What machine is that you are using?

I'm using an opensource Prusa I3 printer that I assembled myself. It's nothing special, but the results are decent and it's been a reliable workhorse for my purposes. This is complete contrast to the Cube Pro that we have at work, which has been nothing but a huge maintenance headache.

Back