Who's Smoking the Weekend 4/2-4/4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian H

TVWBB Fan
Gonna try my hand at some St. Louis Ribs. Using the Bryan Wadkins Tall Boy method. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I have a 6lb. Mr. Brown that will be going on tonight.

Prepped him last night (and fried the fat cap with some Old Bay for a snack -- so bad, but soooo good!)

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Turkey is sitting in the frig now (Apple Brined Whole Turkey) awaiting Saturday morning.

First time on this brine. I'm looking forward to the results.

-Albert

I'm doing my first smoke Saturday during the day, BB Ribs, I'm doing 3 racks (6 half racks) with varius rubs, if I'm playing, I might as well play a lot! I will be doing either a brisket or Butt Sat overnight for lunch on Sunday.

I stumbled across a recipe from Jim Minion for a Beef Round Sirloin Tip Roast that I'm gonna try. I haven't done any beef on the WSM yet and I'm hoping this'll be good.

I'm thinking since Jim cooks this, and he had a recipe for it, how can it NOT be good? Hmmm... well, I guess I could mess it up...

I picked up a 12 lb beautiful hunk of beef at Sams for this last night. Can't wait.

I'll post my results.

Happy Q'ing!

I'll be attempting the Sugarless Texas Sprinkle Ribs as my first every smoke in my brand new WSM. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ROLFMAO!!! Brian H. You ever make it down to Texas and the Tall Boys are on me. I am a big Cubs fan so we might have something to talk about. I am giving the BBQ a rest and going to do some fishin' now that Spring Break is over. I have pulled pork, and brisket leftovers to last awhile. Probably gonna cook some more baby backs next weekend. Good luck to all the weeken smokers. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I am trying my first brisket. I am planning on using the recipe posted on this site "Brisket Smoked and Oven Finished" and will be using the wet rub also posted on this site. I just got a new toy to try, a BBQ GURU! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The weather is lousy here, so I guess I'll finish my taxes too. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Brian,
I'll be in Houston June 14-20 for Cubs series and visiting some friends. Do Shiner Bocks come in tall boys? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Well if you can make it down to Corpus Christi. I can take you fishing and we can find some Shiner Bocks to quench our thirst. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My sister just bought a new home on Friday, so I am painting all weekend instead of smokin'. Any volunteers to help????? /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back