Wholesale/Bulk Charcoal & Freshness Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

TVWBB Member
I go through so much charcoal that I need to find a better way of buying it than just 20 pound bags at the hardware store.

Does anyone know of a web resource or other place to get large quantities of charcoal on the cheap?

I've read in a few posts that people think charcoal goes bad if you don't use it quickly after opening a bag. I've never had any trouble (but like I said, I go through it fast). What problems do people have? I don't want to buy bigger bags only to end up wasting some of the charcoal.

Thanks.

Grim

If your willing to buy in large quanities you should be able to find someone will sale it at a reduced price.
If you have a spot to store it where will not get damp you should be fine. It won't go bad if kept dry.
Jim

Grim,
I have found that Sam's Club offers a pretty good deal with 48 pounds of Kingsford for about $11. Also Lowe's has the same 48 pounds for $11.69. Bothe stores offer two 24 pound bags in one single wrap.

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray Crick:
Grim,
I have found that Sam's Club offers a pretty good deal with 48 pounds of Kingsford for about $11. Also Lowe's has the same 48 pounds for $11.69. Bothe stores offer two 24 pound bags in one single wrap.

Ray <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Home Depot offers this as well. Be carefull of some charcoal/lumps... Here's a good site to check for reviews.

Grim, No worries about keeping charcoal for long periods of time. I have used opened bags over a year old with no problems at at.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

if you can find it on sale, stock up! My local Home Despot had 48lbs of Kingsford for $5 or something ridiculously fabulous like that, so I bought MANY bags (but I wish I'd gotten even more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back