Who would you like to BBQ with? *****

Originally posted by J D McGee:
Hey Steve...anytime you want to shoot up to Duvall we can fire up a WSM or two. Konrad is just down the hill and we can pop in to say hi. I could probably get Brian (Swamprb) over as well...
wsmsmile8gm.gif

We moved 8 miles up the road now it's 1000 W Main, Monroe. Surprising how few volunteers I get to peel ribs
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bryan S, he was a great inspiration and mentor to me when I was cutting my Q teeth. Thanks again Bry, I need to get back into postin
icon_rolleyes.gif

Either Steve Raichlan or Jamie Purviance would be great to have over at my place for a BBQ...of course he would be handed the Tongs and I would say "ok mate..the entire pantry is at your disposal..go for it"
icon_smile.gif

I will however keep the beers up to him!

Cheers

Davo

I would like to BBQ with Bobby Flay, so I could show him how to assemble a WSM!
icon_biggrin.gif

I would cook with or for anyone here on TVWBB, but if I really had the chance to cook with someone famous, it would be Jeff Smith ('The Frugal Gourmet').....he's long gone now and had a little bit of controversy in his life, but I watched him when I was young and the man got my attention and between him and my father, they gave me the passion I have today for food and cooking!

Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
Larry,

Where in California are you? I'm in Los Angeles and if you're not too far away it would be a blast to Q together.

Bill

hi bill,
not to hijack your post, but i am in sherman oaks as well. would love to do a los angeles area bbq!

I would like to BBQ with Willy Wonka. He would bring the chocolate and I would bring the beer. MMM Beer...

And of course Kevin K. who has been an inspiration.

Kevin has cooked for us many times, both inside and out, so I'm lucky there.

I think as far a celebrity goes, Tony Boudain will always win hands down!

Gave this a lot of thought
icon_rolleyes.gif
I would love to get together with Larry W, Kevin K, Bryan S, Doug D, Jane C and many more of the old timers on this site . Get the old smoker going and just listen to them over some cold ones. I really appreciate everything you folks have contributed to this site. You have helped me become a much better cook.

I did cook with Guy Fieri before he was famous and I'd do it again. If they invent a time machine I'd love to cook anything with Julia Child.

Back