Who should be on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey, get your minds out of the gutter!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm doing a pork butt and a brisket point tonight and I was wondering which should go on the lower grate and which should go on the upper grate?

Thanks,

Kelly

I do belive that the Butt goes on top and the Brisket goes in the bottom /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif , that is so the Butt fat will baste the Brisket. What I don't belive now is that I'm giving BBQ. advice /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Tino and Family

Makes sense; thanks, Tino. I'm just getting ready to go fire up the WSM and get some more beer (not necessarily in that order!)

Kelly

My Opinion by Pat Barnes

Start with the butt on top and the brisket on the lower rack.
When it is time to turn/baste/mop swap top for bottom.
If the weight difference is large,you may want to swap sooner if you want both done at approxamately the same time.
Pat

Thank you both. We ended up doing the brisket on top and the butts on the bottom, because there was such a huge size difference between the two. That seemed to work just fine. I also left a bit more fat on the brisket just to help it not dry out.

I'm house sitting for a few weeks, so I ended up going over to do that and I left hubby in charge. He did very well. The brisket is done to perfection and I still have to dig in to the butt -- it may be just a tad overdone, but overall I'm very proud of Kevin. I think he's still in shock though, that I let him be in charge of any of the Webers. I tend to be a bit possessive with them.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Kelly

Kelly....Glad your cook turned out well, but since the grates are virtually the same size I don't understand your reasoning behind putting the brisket on top. Maybe your reasoning was fuzzy from the beer?

Jim,

The butt was a lot bigger than the brisket and I figured the brisket would be done quite a ways ahead of the butt (which was fine), so I thought it would be easier to just pluck the brisket off the top grate when it was done, rather than have to "dig" to get at it. Does that make sense?

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back