White Wine Worcestershire

Don C.

TVWBB Super Fan
White Wine W sauce(can't spell worch, err woch, um...ah forget it! lol)

Ever hear of it? Ever try it? I've used it on pork and chicken while grilling. Was thinking of trying it on my next rack of ribs with the Texas BBQ rub.

It is a little thicker then regular(dark) W sauce, but since it is made for the "OTHER" white meat, was wondering if it would work with the rub.

Rath *gonna fire up the WSM after the ice storm passes*

I think you are talking about White Wine Worchester
Sauce. I love that stuff. I put it in everything.
It is hard to find though. I always buy a bunch of
bottles when the local grocery store has it.

Can you tell Tom likes Texas BBQ Rub? LOL! I love it, especially their Brisket Blend (Rub #2) ~ Can't get enough of that stuff!!

The current Lea & Perrins packaging does not make it clear that their product is the White Wine Worcestershire sauce. It is discernable from the regular by a green-emblem on the paper wrapper, and the slogan "The Rooster Booster". To the unfamiliar, it tends to appear to be a chicken marinade.

WWW ... Dang, I thought this was gunna be a link to a cool website !
icon_mad.gif
icon_wink.gif

I happened by a grocery at lunchtime today, and went looking for it. The package was as I described, but the shelf label's abbreviated product description indicated White Wine Worcestershire. The only other L&P product was the regular Worcestershire. I'll check the UPC's next visit.

Edit: cockpit error. http://www.leaperrins.com/about/region2.php shows the current product packaging.

Yeah, let me know... I've got a bottle of the WWW stuff and it doesn't mention the chicken on it.

Don't mention Rooster Booster, either...
icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know... I saw that. That's what got me confused... That food service site I posted above shows the same stuff I've got. Now I've had mine for a while, so maybe it's an older pkg...

By the way, the ONLY worchs sauce I use is Lea and Perrins. Far better flavor than other brands. Sometimes I just take a swig out of the bottle.

Hi,

I remember a while ago that A-1 Steak Sauce marketed "A-1 for Poultry" but I think they yanked it. I remember it because my youngest used to call it "A-1 Upholstery Sauce".

Al

Thanks for the replies friends, I'll let you know how it turns out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>WWW ... Dang, I thought this was gunna be a link to a cool website ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um it is. THIS site.

Rath *adding to net traffic*

Raichlen's sauces, rubs, and marinades book has a cool history of Lea and Perrins, and how when they first made it, it was abominably strong (it was a sauce recipe from India, so spicy it nearly blew their heads off), so they left it sitting in its barrels, abandoned, and when it was noticed a few years later they tried it again and it had totally mellowed and became what we know and love today. Except that it used to have another ingredient in it (pork liver!) which isn't in the US product (shoot, my brother was just in the UK, I shoulda' had him get me a bottle if it still has pork liver in it---a new quest).

You can buy a freeze dried version---anyone every tried that?

My label says:

New Taste Sensation

Lea & Perins
Worcestershire
for
Chicken

Blended with White Wine
and Herbs

If someone wants to check the UPC, it is
51600 00501 on my bottle

So is this L&P White Wine Worcestershire?

Hmmmmm.

subdude

Just an update. I used the White Wine Worcestershire sauce on my ribs and could not dectect any taste difference between it and it's darker brother.

The only difference was that the bark had more of a reddish tint.

The ribs were delicious
icon_smile.gif

Rath *learning to spell worcestershire*

Back