Whistling like sound from burner

JohnS NJ

TVWBB Fan
In the process of a resto. But everything together and then I turn it on, one of the burner makes this sound. Best I can explain it is it sounds whistling/metal expanding sound. I had already cleaned the manifold and valves. No smell of leaking propane. Flame looks consistent like the other burners. Before I go the easy way and just replace this, anyone have any thoughts? I don’t see any apparent damage on the burner. But there is some rust around manifold end of the burner.

Are you sure it isn't the regulator? Either way, if the grill works well otherwise, I would follow Larry's advice.

Does the sound go away after a short while or is it always there when the burner is on? Does it make that sound when you turn it on unlit?

so i lit this up around 8am here in jersey with a temp in the 50's. Lit it at 11am with a temp of 60 and it went away. Flame lights up evenly in comparison with the other burner tubes. It's the old style 2 row flame middle burner. Couldn't swap test it since my others are only 1 row.

Yeah wasn't overly concerned. But it's a new problem and wanted to trouble shoot it the best I can.

Back