Which Weber Rotisserie model for 2004 Genesis Silver B?

I am pretty sure all the motors mounted the same. They were pretty standard off the shelf ones. If all you need is a motor you could simply go to a shop that sells universal kits and most likely find a motor that works. I found that when I had my BroilMaster they even used the same motor configuration as Weber's and even the old Ducane I had could fit the Weber motor and vice verse'

Larry, I respectfully disagree. This is a lightweight setup, but it's good for someone who wants to get his feet wet with rotisseries. It has a 10# weight rating/8.5" diameter limit. Of course, there are bigger motors and larger spits for doing pigs and stuff, but my experience has been that these small shaded pole motors don't have a lot of starting torque but once you get them spinning they are ok.

Not sure what you mean Ed. Heck I gave my son in law a BroilMaster motor for the Genesis 2 I gave him. The motor was bad so I gave him an extra motor from the BroilMaster I had. Same exact motor and mount as Weber

Larry, all I meant was that there are different sized motors with different sized ratings, depending on the job at hand. Re-reading what you wrote, I misinterpreted what you said in that all the motors are mounted the same. I apologize for that because you are right, at least insofar as our Webers are concerned. There are larger motors, of course, but as for mounting, I have no disagreement.

Oh yeah. You should see the size of the motor on my Wolf. It's UUUUUGE :D I had to replace it a couple weeks ago. Thankfully I found one brand new on FleaBay. Because from the company that makes them in NY they're like $275! Somehow I found the exact same motor brand new for $65.

I think everything on your Wolf must be huge!

I'm not sure what your experience has been, but several times I have gotten everything ready to rotisserize and as the last step, connect up the motor...and...nothing. I have 3 motors now, but a couple of observations: 1. NOTE TO SELF: Check operation of motor prior to placing food on spit and spit on grill 2. Do not leave roti motor outdoors when not in use, even if you do live in SoCal where the sun is always shining and it never rains until it does.

Hi Ed, love your note to self. I'm about to take apart a toaster oven that sticks sometimes when you set the timer. If a call comes through or any other distraction the toast vaporizes.

I like tinkering - should find a broken one and upgrade the motor? I'll probably only do chickens.

Hi Ed, love your note to self. I'm about to take apart a toaster oven that sticks sometimes when you set the timer. If a call comes through or any other distraction the toast vaporizes.

I like tinkering - should find a broken one and upgrade the motor?
Oh, absolutely! More than likely, the problem is dirt or dried up grease in the gear train or the lack of lube on the bushings on the armature...those little motors don't have much grunt, it's only through the gear reduction that does the torque multiplication and the magic happens. Just be careful when you take it apart not to lose any parts, of course, especially those pesky little thrust washers that keep everything moving freely.

One big help is to keep the rotisserie motor inside the house not outside in the grill cabinet or on the actual bracket. The people I had bought the Wolf from had left it outside and it was ailing for many years. Finally gave up the ghost. I have not looked at them but on YouTube there are videos on how to use a car wiper motor to power a rotisserie. I would think that would be really great as it would have FAR more torque. Should be able to spin a whole platoon worth of food :D

I would imagine that's the plan. But, I have not studied the videos

If you find out, you can add this to your repertoire of fix-its. Weber rehab, weber rotisserie motors, Kitchen-aids. (mind you, there probably is NO money in swapping out motors to even cover costs, but good to know for future)

There's a 9890 supposedly "new in box" for sale in northern NJ for $40. I like that it has the wooden handle.

Edit - it is unused

Last edited:
LOL, I remember all the gadgets he used to advertise. Kind of reminds me of the "My Pillow" adds and "Flex Seal" adds now.

Back