Which Weber grill is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus Y

Hi, I came across this posting on CL and was just wondering if anyone has seen this or know the history behind this grill. Thanks.

Angus, I noticed this one as well, they say its a performer but like Jeff says its a platinum. Find out the date code on the vent it might be worth it.

That my friend, is a Crate & Barrel edition Performer. It appears to be missing the charcoal bin, not a big deal, should be able to order the part from Weber. It is the Sage color like Jeff said, but I don't remember when they carried it. I'm going to say somewhere in the 21st century though based on the composite table.

Nice color for sure and if the price is right, jump on it....clean it up and grill!!!

It is a Platinum. For that model year, Platinum=Side Table, Performer=Side Table+Gas Ignition+Charcoal Bin. I am not sure if Crate and Barrel offered a Platinum also or only a Performer. I am aware of C&B offering Light Gray (several years ago) and a kind of Lime Green color (curently).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Medley:
It is a Platinum. For that model year, Platinum=Side Table, Performer=Side Table+Gas Ignition+Charcoal Bin. I am not sure if Crate and Barrel offered a Platinum also or only a Performer. I am aware of C&B offering Light Gray (several years ago) and a kind of Lime Green color (curently). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're right, I don't think C&B offered the regular Platinum. Thought it was a Performer, but taking a look at it again, not only is the charcoal bin missing, it doesn't have the side skirts at the top.

So probably not a C&B edition. But I do like that gray or sage green C&B edition they did have. I have the grass green one ('11 model). Everytime I look at it, I can't imagine another color for the Performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back