which ham for christmas?

Jeff Davidson

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi,

I'm on the hook to make a Christmas ham and turkey on the wsm this year. I have the turkey well under control thanks to the apple brine recipe here but I'm a little confused on what type of ham to buy.

I'm thinking a whole uncooked ham would be fun but I'm guessing it will have a long cook time? And I see the mustard/whiskey recipe for a partially cooked ham. And then there are fully cooked hams...Any suggestions?

tia,
jd

I'd just get the heat and serve, ready to go, fully cooked and smoked ham. Then all you need to do is fire up the WSM, and put a nice honey, cinnamon, butter, clove, and cracked black pepper glaze on it.
icon_smile.gif
But then again i'm lazy.
icon_biggrin.gif

I may be a little late here but I highly recomend smoking a fresh ham if you can find one. See my posts under "Ham on the smoker?"

I would use a pre-cooked or "ready to cook" ham with the whiskey and mustard glaze recipe in the cooking section from Chris. Actually...I am using that! Tried it at Thanksgiving- excellent! If those tastes don't appeal to you, the ginger glaze in Smoke and Spice also got rave reviews from my victims, I mean family.

Back