Which gourmet BBQ system accessory would you buy?

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
Hello everyone,

I have a $100 amazon gift certificate I need to use so I'm going to get the Maverick et-732 and one of the following gourmet BBQ system accessories.

I've got the griddle already so no need to list this below.

Weber Gourmet BBQ System Pizza Stone - Strongly leaning toward this one since I don't have a pizza stone and want to start cooking pizza either on the OTG or on the Genesis EP-320.

Weber Gourmet BBQ System Sear Grate - Would be nice to have but could skip this one since I could just use one of the four sectional grates from my Chargriller SuperPro if I wish to sear something on the OTG.

Weber Gourmet BBQ System Korean Barbecue Insert - This looks interesting and if I don't get this now I'll almost certainly get it in the near future.

Weber Gourmet BBQ System Poultry Roaster Insert - I have no need for this since I already have a beer can chicken holder, and this one looks like it would be a pain to clean anyway with the small holes.

Weber Gourmet BBQ System Ebelskiver Insert - Do I really want to make danish pancakes on the grill?

Weber Gourmet BBQ System Wok - This might be my second choice. Either that or the Korean BBQ insert.

What are your thoughts on these?

Thanks,

This is easy..... sear grate. We have it and the griddle and use both. The sear grate however, gets used a LOT more. Sounds like you've already made up your mind though. :) Good Luck!

This is easy..... sear grate. We have it and the griddle and use both. The sear grate however, gets used a LOT more. Sounds like you've already made up your mind though. :) Good Luck!

I'm with Rolf on that. They both have a similar function just one requires large cuts to prevent food from falling through.
I wish they made this system for the 26".
I would not buy the pizza stone as I think you want a set-up to get closer to the lid of your kettle so the pizza is cooking from the top down as well.

Sear grate for sure! Killer perfect grill marks!
E15BD0E7-AD00-439B-9C17-A49FA87946EB-2198-000002D59E302A02.jpg

I'm gonna go against the stream here. If I wanted to sear, I'd be looking at either the Craycort system or even Grill Grates that would let me do a 2 zone fire. It looks much harder to do with the Weber Sear Insert since it is dead center in the unit. The Korean BBQ looks very very interesting. Korean restaurants are plentiful in the Philippines and I've come to enjoy searing pork belly on hot steel. The Weber system is a bit different in shape (domed instead of flat) than the ones in the Restaurant, but should work similarly. If it would fit on either a standard kettle and the Smokey Joe, that would be my numero uno choice for a Weber made accessory. Sitting around the kettle, each person searing their own meat and veggies, sipping Soju (or a beer), and chatting away sounds like a great time!

The Asian influence is definately rubbing off on you Steve. Weber seems to do things differently in the European market but maybe not yet for the Asian market. I really like your idea. Different strokes!!

I just ordered the Sear Grate. I bought the Maverick et-0732, Weber Compact Rapid Fire Chimney Starter, and a pair of the Wolf Claw Meat Handler Forks with the $100 gift certificate and had about $13 left on it so used that on the Sear Grate.

Back