Which flavorizer bars?

I am going to pick this guy up tomorrow and will need to get new flavorizer bars. Any suggestions on which ones/size/etc? Or does it not matter and these are a "one size fits all" item on Weber gassers?

Craigslist find

They are not all the same size. There are two "flavors" porcelin and stainless. The stainless are almost 2x as much but I feel like they last 2x as long. It doesn't make a difference in terms of actual flavor. If you keep the grill covered they last for years.

Weber SS Bars

David

Greetings from Austin

There is a guy on Ebay who makes stainless bars that are much thicker than the standard issue Weber and they are cheaper. I for one am going to get these the next time one of my three grills needs them. as to the bottom of the grill It is porcelin like the top and if work means clean use easy off oven cleaner and it will look new. The other two parts involved in the bottom are the rails it sits upon weber haws them, and the drip pan holder weber has that also

regards

go to the weber site, and look for parts, it will step you through by number of burners, and other options, once you get the part number id go to ebay and get them, i got some from there, user was actually recommended here in an old thread, fit perfect SS and heavy.

Hope it helps.

Eric

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kent Perry:
Gary,

Are these the bars you are talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Weber-Stai...?hash=item1e5a665e66 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the guy I bought my flavorizer bars from for my Genesis 1000. They are high quality for a great price.

Wayne

I used this guy to replace my flavorizer bars. My transaction was a little unique in that he accidentally sent me the wrong size bars. He immediately sent me the correct ones, but when I sent the first set back to him, the post office lost track of them. We both thought they were lost forever. They eventually showed up on his doorstep 2 months later out of the blue so it all worked itself out in the end.

During this time, I ended up exchanging a lot of emails with this guy (his name is David Santana, btw) and got to see how he handles customer service issues. Because of that experience, I actually have more confidence in him now than had he sent me the correct bars in the first place.

I think he's a total pro and highly recommend him. I’m looking forward to buy his SS cooking grates when my current grates finally die.

I picked up three Genesis 1000's off CL last fall. The first two were treditional red, the last was the same color as yours. I had to overhaul/cleanup the last one, but all three burn great. I kept one, gave one to my son and one to my daughter.
I am curious about that burgundy color- anyone know what Weber called that ?

Thanks for the ebay tip guys. I just added that man to my saved sellers and will be looking for him when it is time to replace mine.

Back