When are we no longer beginners?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How long do we have to be members before we get to post with the cool people? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Dale,

It has to do with the number of posts you make to the forums, not how long of a time since registering.

There's a place somewhere on this site that addresses the various levels and numbers of posts. I've seen it once. I'm sure someone will point it out again.

Always good to have a new member... Welcome!

After you make 30 posts, your 'new member' status becomes 'veteran member'. I think you are free to post in any topic you like, depending on what it pertains to.

To have found us, you already had to have had a "cool" quotient in place.

So whatcha cookin'?

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

Not new to smoking, though I will admit until I got a WSM it was rarely worht the trouble. The WSM makes it easy. I've had it 2 weeks, so far 7 racks of ribs and 1 butt. All great. Bye the way, for the butt I got a wild hair. Rubbed it with nothing more that apple cider powder mix I had left over from this past winter. It's the stuff in packets you mix with water to make a quick cider. Anyway, was I suprised, a great rub. My guess it'll be good on ribs. Anyway great board!

We cool, we cool, we all cool. True, we may be new to BBQ but it is cool to try new things. Plus, as easy as the WSM is to use, the whole process is still a pretty major effort. We are willing to go the extra mile to bring a little pleasure to our family and friends by cooking BBQ. That?s cool too!

As I was taking my first BRITU ribs out of the cooker, the woman that lives next door to me made a snide comment ?you have way too much time on your hands? (meaning the effort of smoking ribs was a waste of time). Meanwhile, her husband was sampling the ribs making noises she probably hasn?t heard in the bed room for a number of years!

Not to be crude or anything?
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruce Cook:
[qb] Only 145 to go until I'm a pro. After you read this it will be gross of posts. Not Gross Posts! [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it's only 94 more...

So, If I were to post 997 more times today, even though I haven't gotten my smoker yet, everyone in here will have to seek advice from me? That's a lot of pressure to put on someone. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back