Wheel Casters

Daniel White

Has anyone found a solution to the standard wheel castors on Spirit and Genesis Grills? They do no work well with brick paver lanai's. Looking for a solution with larger wheels. Dan W

I ordered new casters from our local industrial supply store, waiting for them to come in for my Summit Platinum. I’ll let you know how they work.

5" casters

I have 4 of these in my caster depot shopping cart now. 150 lb load (each), 5" diameter and urethane rubber for better rolling. Like - $58 shipped for four.

Ready to go offroad with the Genesis!Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 1.26.13 PM.png

Has anyone found a solution to the standard wheel castors on Spirit and Genesis Grills? They do no work well with brick paver lanai's. Looking for a solution with larger wheels. Dan W

Are these new/recent models with 2 fixed large wheels? If so, if you're planning to replace both the fixed and caster wheels, verify that the distance of the leg end to the ground is equal on both ends. And if you're only replacing the casters, make sure the total caster height is the same as the originals. You want your grill surface to remain level.

Are these new/recent models with 2 fixed large wheels? If so, if you're planning to replace both the fixed and caster wheels, verify that the distance of the leg end to the ground is equal on both ends. And if you're only replacing the casters, make sure the total caster height is the same as the originals. You want your grill surface to remain level.
My new E-325s has four 3" swivel casters with hard plastic wheels. Horrible on pavers.

Just ordered the new casters, and I'll post results - once I get the grill into the jungle...

Is your grill still level with those wheels?

It wouldn't be if I parked it on a nice cement slab :)

But considering my "Grill Space" is old pavers and dirt - it's not hard to get it leveled out for grillin'. The wheels end may be like, 1" higher than stock.

I keep the grill parked in the shed, and roll it out for cooking. I only have to go like 10", but those wheels make a huge difference when dragging the thing over the slightly rough terrain.

It wouldn't be if I parked it on a nice cement slab :)

But considering my "Grill Space" is old pavers and dirt - it's not hard to get it leveled out for grillin'. The wheels end may be like, 1" higher than stock.

I keep the grill parked in the shed, and roll it out for cooking. I only have to go like 10", but those wheels make a huge difference when dragging the thing over the slightly rough terrain.
A set of half decent casters on the left would be nice. I even added some casters to the left side of my Q320 so it would roll better when dragging around by the shelf as you have to do on the Spirit. You have a gas line in your shed?

A set of half decent casters on the left would be nice. I even added some casters to the left side of my Q320 so it would roll better when dragging around by the shelf as you have to do on the Spirit. You have a gas line in your shed?

I WISH I had a gas line in the shed! I'd leave it on for an hour a week to kill some lizards!

The quick connect for the gas is at the house, about 20' from the shed. I also have 20' of gas line - but usually I cook under the carport - due to God having a fondness for sending rain EVERY time I need to grill!

Good idea about the casters on the left. The pictured grill has been given back to Weber though - due to the fact that it doesn't sear. I now have a Genesis Monster that is WAY bigger than anything I'll ever need. But it was the smallest one with a sear station.

Back