What's your perfect menu?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

After several fantastic results with the WSM (many thanks to everyone here!), I'm now practicing a number of recipes and hoping to put together a great meal for friends 2-3 weeks from now. Here's what I'm planning:

- baby back ribs (I'll post details of the recipe separately),

- grilled eggplant with caprese salsa, from "How to Grill". Cooked on the gas grill.

- cole slaw (using a variant of the recipe from Elder Ward's web page)

- Texas toast

- grilled pineapple with homemade cinnamon ice cream for dessert (coconut pineapple recipe from "How to Grill", cinnamon ice cream made in a White Mountain ice cream maker)

I still have to do a dry run of the grilled coconut pineapple and cinnamon ice cream. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think this'll be a pretty impressive menu, with most of the dishes prepared on the grill.

What are your "house specialty" menus?

-Richard

Wow, do you live in North Texas? Can I come? I'll clean up after myself.

Sounds like a great menu. My neighbor taught me a great recipe for canned green beans. Take two cans of cut green beans put in a sauce pan add some bacon grease, carmelized onions, and brown sugar. Cook till tender. You can't believe how good canned green beans can be. Of course, you can do this with fresh beans too. The canned version is just faster, and actually tastes almost as good.

Porterhouse or Ribeye steak, fresh live lobster or crab steamed, grilled asparagus with hollandaise sauce and a baked potato with a couple bottles of great big red.

Sorry the closests this comes to Q is the wood I use when I grill the steaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back