What's your favorite BBQ resturant in Kansas City?

Being in K.C,MO I really do not go to any BBQ joints, they just don't match up to my BBQ but if I must eat out I go to a little hole in the wall joint called "rosedale BBQ" in KC,KANSAS just south of southwest blvd and rainbow blvd, if you want to hear some good blues, I go to a place calle, "BB's lawnside BBQ" at 85st just east of holmes in kcmo.

Oklahoma Joe's is very very good. It's my personal favorite. I'd also highly recommend Smokin' Guns in North Kansas City.

I will agree with OK Joes. I enjoyed it quite a bit. My favorite, however, was LC's. They have unbelievable burnt ends.

I also visited Arthur Bryant's - glad I went for the experience, but the food was subpar compared to the other places I visited.

I tried to go to Smokin Guns but they keep limited hours and I missed them. I also went to Jones BBQ and that was pretty good.

So - LC's and OK Joes would be two don't miss spots.

L.C.'S ON BLUE PARKWAY for a great sandwich, get the fries and plan on sharing with a friend. I live in K.C. there's lots of choices. Also consider Arthur Bryants for a sandwich, Gates for ribs.

Arthur Bryant's for me. I never miss an opportunity to visit the Brooklyn Ave. location when I'm in town. I've had Gates... I should give them a second try. I'll definitely sample OK Joe's next time, though.

I'll second ok joe's, arthur bryant's, and jack stack. I've been to them all and had great meals. Its best to try all three because each have their own character/history/specialties.

I just returned from KC and went to Gates and Arthur Bryant's while I was there. Past trips I've been to Jack Stack and OK Joes. Jack Stack has good quality food but is missing the atmosphere. I enjoyed OK Joe's and like that it is in the back of a gas station. Gates has great quality meat and I liked their sauce but they use a little too much sauce for my taste. Arthur Bryants was an amazing experience. The ribs were done right and I liked their BBQ sauces. I also loved watching the wide range of people that were hanging out here.

Back