What you got on...your mind

Tom Murtiashaw

TVWBB Member
with Labor Day, college and pro football season right around the corner. Might as well get the trash talk started. Will it be the butts vs. the briskets or the ribs vs. the chickens.
Stopped by Costco today to pick up a few household items, got the bbq fever being around all that meat and walked out with a cart full of Kingsford charcoal, ketchup, mustard, tabasco sauce, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, etc. Just laying in a supply for the season. Is it even possible to get out of one of those warehouse stores without dropping at least a hundred bucks??? Last trip it was a new Foodsaver vacuum packaging gizmo. Geeez!

LOL! I hear you Tom.

My last trip to Sams, I picked up some ribs, butts, and a few other things. Never gave it much thought, but when I got to the check out, the gal said $135 and some change.

My face was turning a bright shade of red as I gingerly opened my wallet. Whew!!! I had $137.

Lesson learned? Probably not.

I rarely have more than $6 in my wallet - luckily they take Discover. I can sometimes get out of Sam's at about $75. My wife wanted me to drop by the other day and pick up some bacon. Is it possible to drop by and only pick up one item?

Pete,

Nope, won't happen, it's a scientific fact that you cannot pick up just one item at Sam's, Costco, etc. Just like with these potato chips I am having with lunch right now, you think I am going to eat just one...not.

Tom

Back