what would your ideal grill be ( charcoal of course ) mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
I would want a 26 inch performer with a burner for pots and pans to do my sides. Think this would be a ideal grill.
What would you want?

Id want my 26 OTG built in to an L-shaped island type table with an 18 or 22 kettle on the other side for sides or veggies....with all kinds of flat work space and storage in between

i like the 26" performer idea.

make it a double

like this
WeberDouble.jpg

and in red of course
icon_smile.gif

I just want a Performer! Got a OTG now and love it, but I would love the versatility of the Performer!

I'd take a "stretch limo" double performer like in Troy's photoshop with 22.5" kettles in stainless steel with cast iron grates.

Double setup w/ a 26" on one end, a ceramic kamado grill on the other. Stored down below, or perhaps in the middle toward the back would be a little SJS/G with smoker modifications ready to go. Two charcoal storage bins for lump and briquettes and smaller bins in a rack for a variety of wood chunks.

Extra items I'd also love to have: a wash sink on the side (or at least purel and paper towels),a rack which holds sheet pans, a propane tank (to start the grills) and a barricade to keep toddlers at a safe distance!

A 30 inch (cause my 26 is still too small)Platinum, with a side burner (to light the chimney). About 6 inches higher (taller) than the current Performer. It would come standard with CI grates and a rotisserie. And a lifetime supply of Wicked Good....All for $200
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamesH:
A duelie that can function as either a gas or charcoal grill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A local shop that has cooking classes has two of these out back with a side burner in the middle which do both: http://www.kalamazoogourmet.com/hybrid_grills.php

Wow Daniel that's ludicrously expensive. In my mind you pull out the gas burner when doing charcoal and plug it back in when gassing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamesH:
Wow Daniel that's ludicrously expensive. In my mind you pull out the gas burner when doing charcoal and plug it back in when gassing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree on the price, really high. Ideally I think such places that offer cooking classes should just teach everyone on a basic Weber OTS/G rather than grills which are part of a $150K outdoor kitchen!

I kind of like separate grills for more flexibility. I can move them around and configure as I want depending on what I'm preparing. One thing that I always need is "counter space." The other thing that comes to mind is that the 22 is not quite big enough for some of the things I like to cook. I'd like a 26er with some counter space.

My son has been making kitchen and bathroom countertops out of concrete. My dream at the moment is to fabricate something with a cart on wheels, a 26er at one end like the older Platinum or Performer, and some storage underneath it. For bonus points, it would have a built in side burner to use for heating sauces or lighting charcoal. Of course, I'd have to have a custom cover made for it as well.

The other thing is not so much another cooker but rather a better place to use one. Particularly when smoking, I'm at the vagaries of weather. Wind and rain are the two biggest problems. Wind can fire a smoker up if it causes infiltration or it can rob heat when the outside temperature plummets. Hard rain on a cooker just plain sucks the heat out of it. I'd like some sort of shelter that I can situate a cooker in or by that would give me some protection from the elements to make all weather cooking a little easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back