What would you serve with Butt??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Evers

TVWBB Fan
After it's pulled, what would you reccommend serving with the Butt? So, each person gets a fistfull of shredded meat? And finally, what goes good with it? Sauce etc.?What weight Butt for 6 adults? I know there's a lot of fat etc.
Larry

What kind of BBQ sauce goes with pork is a regional and personal thing. I like Tomato and Vinegar based sauces and a Piedmont style that is a combination of the two was the winner at a focus group I did.

The true classic is on a bun (Costco hamburger buns are my favorite) with a scoop of slaw on top of the pulled pork in the bun. I sauce my pulled pork with a variation on the Piedmont sauce and the squirt my Tomato based sauce over the pulled pork and slaw and serve it with the top of the bun on the side. Hot slaw made with horse radish and cayenne is very good /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Side dishes that go well with this are Potato salad, beans, good French fries and drunken apples.

Think I know what, how, etc. to do w/ the Butt. Do you dip the pork into the sauce and then onto the sandwich or pour it on like adding catsup to a hamburger?
Larry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Minion:
[qb]OOH Cigars!!
A 6 pound butt should give you enough finished product for 6 adults.
Jim[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>SHHHHHHHHH you are closing in on Jim's secret ingredient /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I sauce the pork when I pull it regardless of if it is going to be eaten or frozen. Taste test till you like it start with 1 cup. I find a flat Pyrex baking dish is best for pulling and saucing. I finish pulling big chunks into small chunks with it all covered in sauce.

The easiest method for figuring weight is to double the uncooked weight of Butts and Brisket. That gives you the number of 1/4 pound servings of cooked product. But if you are inviting Jim and I over, go with his 1 to 1 formula. All I wouild add is Big Butts Rule. You can keep the left overs in the fridge or freezer. Pulled pork freezes the best of all the Q meats IMO.

Ceegars and Adults Beverages to you /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back