What to do about vegetarians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi All,

So, I'm planning a big smoke-out tomorrow, but I've got a couple vegetarians coming over. Is there anything I can smoke for them? They won't even eat fish... Any suggestions?

thanks,

-Sam

Grilled portabello mushrooms as hamburgers.

Shish Kabobs using only vegetables.

Grill corn on the cob, onions, squash, zuchinni, tomatoes, potatoes, asparagus, eggplant, as sides and have some rice to go along with it.

As they say in coonass country: They pretty good but you gotta clean them right! Actually portabellos are great but you will be better served grilling rather than smoking.

skeene,
Smoke up some Jalapeno Poppers. Stuff them with cream cheese. Make a bunch up, wrapped with bacon and make some without. You never know, that wonderful smell of pork fat, may be just enough to bring them back to the real world.

Jim

When they smell and see your great Q you stand a great chance of bringing them over from the dark side. Ryan has already got a couple of University of Oregon "Vegans" loving his babybacks. One at a time, our mission.

There are all kinds of veggie burgers and hotdogs, etc at the grocery store. However real vegetarains won't eat anything cooked on the same surface as meat.

Vegans will be expecting portabellos or grilled veggies. If you want to serve the unexpected, how about tofu stuffed bell peppers. Stuffed bell peppers are pretty filling and they can be baked in a covered caserole dish, so they won't have to worry about the food touching your cooker. "tofu stuffed peppers" brings up some recipes on Google.

Ditto on the portabellos and veggie kabobs.

Eggplant slices brushed with pesto are mighty tasty.

Grilled Asparagus is also great. Throw them spears on after drillzing with olive oil, salt and pepper. Douse with a little balsamic vineagar when they come off.

Then, seduce them them with the ribs!!!

Are these the hardcore vegetarians? Or will they still eat fish and seafood? Poultry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back