What the new Brick Red color really looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy Hoffman

TVWBB All-Star
IMG_0025_rs.jpg

Tim.
Please.
Photos of your new <span class="ev_code_BROWN">brick</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">red</span> beauty AFTER she's assembled AND with meat on it cooked up just right!
icon_biggrin.gif

She is purdy!
icon_wink.gif

You will have to wait for photos. This is for my 1998 Performer restore. Yes it was a bit spendy but still less than a new performer.

Actually the vent handle is black, the lid handle is a dark grey. But, yes, they do look nice. (Also the handle looks like it is redesigned and may be cooler than the older plastic models.)

As for my restore I am waiting on some more parts to come in.
I will be starting a new thread on the actual restore, but here is what I have for now.

Performer is in pieces in the garage. most of it can be salvaged, I will put the old black bowl and lid to use in a smoker later I think.
I am replacing the bowl, lid, grates, ash sweeper, ash catcher and all bolts and washers and nuts. The frame is getting repainted with Gloss Black Appliance Epoxy from Rust-oleum.

I picked up the Rust-oleum and all stainless steel hardware today.

I am also on vacation next week so this is one of the projects I have planned.

So how are you going to mount your new bowl to your old perfomer frame? Did you buy the Performer bowl and lid with the angle iron already attached to the bowl?

Thanks,

Pat

Well my vacation is almost over and I have not had a chance to even touch this project. My mothers leaking roof and my hot water heater where a bit more important. It will be done though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back