What should I do?

• Thread starter Thread starter Barry
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry

I put together my smoker today and found out that it is not perfectly round. After following the troubleshooting tips, I have been able to get it to the point where I put it in and might have to turn it until it is snug. Getting it to this point took adjusting the bottom and middle sections. I don't think I can get it to the point where I just put it in and it is snug from the get go. Also, I noticed two places on the bottom rim where the metal is bent back about 1/8".
Should I call Weber and get a replacement for the middle section? Will the replacement part fit even after I adjusted the bottom section. I was so looking forward to smoking this weekend.

Hey Barry,

Why don't you just take it back? Unless that was the only one in stock, this is America, and they should replace it pronto.

Weber will surely send replacements, but that's a week away. You need to Q...NOW

Thanks Gary, but i got it from Amazon, so shipping it back is not the best option. From some other posts I have read here, it looks like Weber doesn't ask for the parts back.

That's a bummer. Yeah, weber sent me a new middle section when the screws took some porcaline (?) off. They didn't even ask where I got it, or when. Just sent me a new one.

If I lived in the neighborhood, I'd lend you mine!

Thanks Gary. You can mail it to me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I called Weber and they are sending out a new one to me and they don't want the old one back, so it looks like I will be smoking tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back