What is your most useless gadget?

...and the best part is that the scissors doesn't work at all!! Firstly, no one needs these and secondly, the darn thing doesn't even work.

Originally posted by Antti P:
...and the best part is that the scissors doesn't work at all!! Firstly, no one needs these and secondly, the darn thing doesn't even work.[/QUOTE

Then how come I'm walking around with my right shoulder lower than my left?

Then how come I'm walking around with my right shoulder lower than my left?
Uh, to much "Extreme Bowling"?
icon_eek.gif

This is a bit of a switch because it's about a gadget I thought was useless, and then after getting rid of it realised it was actually great fun: I once owned a butter pat slicer:
but.jpg

I sold it at a yard sale, and have regretted it ever since. You place a whole pound of butter on the plate, then run the wires to make four quarters, then the other wires to make pats. Just so brilliant and simple. Why did I sell it...???

Definately the egg yolk separator i believe it is the second most used tool though because i have to toss it out of the way every time i want to get anything else.

Used only once for the purpose of taking his picture, I can't bring myself to throw it away because it's so beautiful (and a gift from my sister-in-law):

eggseparater.jpg

Linda

OK, it's going to take me all morning to get all that coffee off the monitor. That has got to be the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time.

If you don't want it I'll take it. I'll take it to Comps and use it for pouring honey. It's sure to cost me 20 points across the board.

Russ

I told my wife I would like to have some wooden spoons in the kitchen.
She obliged and bought some.
They were nearly big enough to paddle a kayak with.
Those, my friends, are useless.

Originally posted by Clark "Harbormaster" Hodgson:
I told my wife I would like to have some wooden spoons in the kitchen.
She obliged and bought some.
They were nearly big enough to paddle a kayak with.
Those, my friends, are useless.
We had those when I was growing up.
IN THE 70's!
icon_cool.gif

I went digging through the drawers to see what I could find. Turns out we have (make that had) a gadget for measuring spaghetti noodle portions.

Brother in law got me a seasoning shaker that has a 18" hundle on it so you can season your meats on the grill without burning your arm.

never taken out of the box.

I don't know if it qualifies as a gadget, but my dishwasher is a waste of space when I have a wife and daughter to do the dishes.
Other than that the digital temp probe with a dead battery hasn't come in handy for a while.

This is a great thread!
Keep the useless gadgets coming.

Eh, well I guess its not totally useless but its my least used spatula.

Thicker Pampered Chef spatula with tapered front edge, crummy bottle opener, crummy serrated knife, and ridiculous fork thingie. I've only ever used it as a spatula.

Sometimes they try too hard. Like a spork for bbq. Jeez.

utf-8BSU1HMDA5NTQtMjAxMDEyMDgtMjAxNy5qcGc.jpg

crummy bottle opener,
I use the bottle opener on mine more than anything else on it. But I'll add that I think the crummy handle is to short for any serious grilling.

Just this year alone I received two of those digital temperature fork things. I never use any of the stuff that comes in the standard "BBQ tool set". Not the spatula, or the fork, or the tongs.

The only tool I use when at the grill are my kitchenaid spatula head tongs.
thumb2.php

That's all I ever use.

Originally posted by Wolgast:
Shawn W: like this one?

Seen em around and the time to setup and clean this junk! i could have peeled and eaten an apple or 2

Oh man... I have one of these and love it. Not for eating, but when peeling and slicing a whole lot of apples for pie and crumble, it's great.

-Jeff

Back