What else can I smoke?

Mike Provencher

TVWBB Member
Hey all,

I'm making pot roast ala stogie this sunday and i'm looking for suggestions as to what I can cook on the bottom grate. the pot roast should take approx. 8 hours at 240 - 260 degrees at the top grate. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Matt,

I wanted to do a meatloaf but the cooking temp for the meatloaf is 300-375°F. Since I need to cook the pot roast at 240 - 260, the meatloaf won't work for me.

Mike

Now that I think of it, is there any reason why I can't cook a meatloaf on the bottom rack at lower temps than the Meatloaf recipe on the main web page indicates? The recipe calls for 300 - 375 degrees, but if I'm cooking a pot roast at 240 - 260, I'll just end up cooking the meatloaf longer. Any advice/input? Perhaps the meatloaf may be too smoky? Not that I mind that. what do you all think?

Thanks.

Mike

Thanks Clark. That's exactly what I'll do.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Try making some beef jerkey using Hi Mountain Seasonings and either some Top or Botton Round Roast. Mmmmmm mmmm, tastey.

Next time I'll give beef jerkey a try. This Sunday going with Stogies pot roast on the top rack with meatloaf on the bottom rack. Figure I'll freeze a bunch of the meatloaf and devour the pot roast
icon_biggrin.gif

I just got the WSM not 2 months ago, and I look forward to every Sunday to smoke. I may need counseling!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back