What do you use for injecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got one of those Ron Popeil injectors that came with a Showtime rotisserie I bought several years ago. The needle part just has one hole in the end of it. I've never used it at all.

I want to get a syringe for injecting turkeys, butts and other things. I've seen other injectors that have multiple holes on the sides of the needle.

Which injectors are best? Should I get different styles for different types of meat.

Any suggestions/experiences would be welcome.

Thanks!

I've been using the one that came with my fryer (an Eastman), which has a plastic plunger and a plastic needle (with holes on the sides, as you said). It works fine, but I think I'd prefer one with a metal needle.

I use one by Cajun Injector that has the glass syringe and metal needle. It is small enough to use w/ one hand and the needle has multiple holes. I also have the larger one from Cabela's but it is difficult to use w/ just one hand. I use just one type of injector on all types of meat.

I saw a really big one, glass and metal with multiple holes and the finger-and-thumb rings at Academy last weekend. Didn't notice a price-- it was just hanging by the turkey fryers.

Tom,
I've got Tony Chachere, Chef Williams (Cajun Injector), and Bass Pro Shops. They are all plastic with metal needles, holes one two opposing sides. They look like they all came from the same factory except for the logos. Had them all for some years now and they all work well. One day, I'll buy one of those all metal jobs. Look like something out of an old horror movie. Those are supposed to be slightly better if you inject often. Better ergonomics. I have seen what looked like a turkey baster with a needle on the end. Haven't used one.

One thing I forgot to mention is the care of the injectors. After you wash them, take a little cooking oil and wipe around the rubber seal. This keeps it moist and from drying out. My oldest one is over 4yrs old and still going strong!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back