What do you cook when the weather doesn't want you to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob O

TVWBB Pro
Hey all so what do you cook when the weather just doesn't cooperate?

I'd already bought 2 6 lb briket flats so.... one of them is in a pot right now slowly turning into the Tequila Flats Smoked Chili recipe Tom Ferguson kindly posted.

Hey. Any recipe that let's me use Tequila *and* Negra Modello on a Friday night can't be too bad right?

Ariba! Ariba!

Sure Matt,

You want that with a shot glass or a bowl and spoon?

What's wrong man? How long an evening can it have been for you? Rumor has it you went swimming this morning.

Seriously though it's a nice smellng chili. Soon as my wife gets the kids to be I'm going to mix up some frozen margaritas with the rest of the tequila. You know how it is, it's really warm up here in Long Island. In the house with the heater going that is......

Rob,
Yep.....went swimmming this morning after I moved the lawn.

I work at US CENTRAL Command in Tampa...every day here is a long day. LOL

Working 1400-2200 this week and have off the weekend. Then next week work a 2200-0600...seven days straight...........
icon_frown.gif

Plus side is I got to meet Shaq yesterday..I was on shift when the team made a PR visit here where I work....they are playing in Orando and the HEAT came to visit CENTCOM. Was pretty cool...couldn't get an autograph but got to shake his hand. THE PR idiots wouldn't let us ask for autographs.

Why not cook under an umbrella? Or didn't I see a screened in porch in the picture of the WSM that blew up a couple of days ago!
icon_biggrin.gif

Yep I could do the umbrella thing. Just didn't feel like getting up at 4AM to check the smoker in a downpour.

Could also put it in the screened in pordch but was worried it would end up smelling like smoke forever. (Not that that's a bad thing in my book. It's just not everyone is a BBQ junkie like we are.P

BTW, did I mention there was beer *and* tequila in the chili recipe? Yee Ha!

Greg, did you see his screened in porch. Beautiful. Don't worry about going out in the rain to check Rob, just spend the night out there!
icon_biggrin.gif

Actually Rob, the garage is the only room in the house I can do what I want with...so it's actually the cleanest room of the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back