What do I do with THESE?

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
These look like the boneless short ribs I did not too long ago, but they're not the same.
They were in the case NEXT to the boneless short ribs. Marbling looks awesome. What would you do with these? They're labeled as "Loin Sirloin Flap." Have no clue what this is. LOL

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Marbling looks awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes it does !! With as many as you have, I'd start experimenting.
icon_cool.gif

I would do em direct over hot coals for about 2 min/side then indirect to medim or m/r

Feel that steak with ur tongs to get the right doneness.

Bet they will be great.

I would only use salt/pepper but hey its up to you.

Bless

i saw a cut like that at the store yesterday.there were about 4 or 5 of them in the package and it was labeled "country style beef ribs". i've never seen them before.

yes, country style beef boneless ribs.
prep em anyway you like, i marinate them for a short period and grillem as Daniel stated, for a medium rare then you can slice em against the grain and taco em or fajita or anything!
they are tasty
smiley-eatdrink026.gif

i will have to pick some up later this week. that is if i am not beefed out from todays high heat packer
icon_smile.gif

There are three cuts that make up the bottom of the sirloin: tri-tip, ball and flap. I like starting flap slowly, indirect, then doing a finishing sear just before I pull them. Me, I always make a rub, but you can do whatever you prefer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
There are three cuts that make up the bottom of the sirloin: tri-tip, ball and flap. I like starting flap slowly, indirect, then doing a finishing sear just before I pull them. Me, I always make a rub, but you can do whatever you prefer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At what temp would you cook these? For how long?

I did the short ribs for 2 hours at 275ish. When it was finished, it was tender and stringy, sort of like a london broil or pot roast. Are these similar?

I just mini-Minion in the kettle - though you can use a WSM - and don't temp. Let them go in some smoke for a bit while the temp climbs (or dump in lit) and let the grate over the lit get hot, then sear. EssentiaLly I cook them like smoked steaks or tri-tip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
I just mini-Minion in the kettle - though you can use a WSM - and don't temp. Let them go in some smoke for a bit while the temp climbs (or dump in lit) and let the grate over the lit get hot, then sear. EssentiaLly I cook them like smoked steaks or tri-tip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically a reverse sear, right? Pull at rare to med-rare, correct?

Back