What age range is this Summit from

What age range is this Summit from and what model is it? S-450
View attachment 98589
Hi Bruce,

Sometime after 2008. They didn’t change till 2024.

I’m not good with the models but it’s probably s-470

The Weber Summit S-470 grill is a premium gas grill with a sleek, stainless steel finish. It typically features a polished stainless steel hood with a center-mounted thermometer and a sleek design. The control panel is also stainless steel, with illuminated knobs that give it a high-end look, especially in dim lighting. The grill usually has four stainless steel burners, along with a side burner, a smoker box, a sear station, and a rotisserie burner. The cooking grates are made of stainless steel rods, offering ample grilling space. The grill also includes storage space below with stainless steel doors.

OK, I didnt see the built in roto on the left side shelf, so I thought it was something less than the 470. It might just be hidden in the photo.

I have had good luck with the Summits like that sticking to my rule of maximum price $20.00

If they are in ok shape and can be restored I sell them “As is” to a Summit fan.

If they are rough I can pull out parts and send the carcass to the scrapyard.

I am not looking to pick one up for rehabbing. I have someone looking for someone to clean and get one back into working order. I just wanted to know more about the exact model I was looking at.

I actually did rehab a S-470 last year.

That is what threw me off Larry. I didn't see the cover for the roto motor on this one. Also, the S470 that I did last year had an LED tank scale on the right front of the control panel.

1724424989036.png

Usually in the pictures for sale I look at the very front middle lip of the cook box and that can tell me quite a bit. Not everything but enough to know if a second step is warranted in the direction of acquiring the grill and obviously the cart on the inside

For instance this S420 that I got for free and cleaned up then sold for $600 in less than an hour. Straight up between the first two knobs you can see where the front lip of the cook box is starting to go. If I can see that front lip in the add that helps
Screenshot_20240823_080521_Photos.jpg

So, Josh, on that grill. You knew the cook box was going when you picked it up? Did you fix the cook box before reselling it?

Back