What a great cook!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Hilmer

TVWBB Super Fan
Last week I did my first long cook on a 6 LB shoulder. All I can say is OH YEAH!!! Following advise from fellow smokers I was prepped for up to a 15 hr smoke. Used the Minion method. Smoked for 12 1/2 hours. Internal temp was 190 at deepest point. Pulled after 1 hour rest. AWSOME!!
I can't wait for next weekend. I am doing 2 for super bowl. Thanks to this web site and all who give advise for shortening the learning curve. Note: still had temp at 250, never needed more charcoal. Used kingsford and some "best of the west" brickettes.

I do several BBQ get togethers a year with the San Diego Chowhounds which I started. We also get together for some nice meals at great restaurants. Let me know if you would like to be invited to some of the get togethers. It is usually very informal just a bunch of people that love good eats.

Steve,

Get some quality (thick) flour tortillas. Heat 'em over an open flame (gas stove works fine)

Chop up some cilantro, onion and tomatoe.

Makes some great pulled-pork buritos! Super easy, very tasty! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-Albert

Thank you both for your replies. Jeff I sent you a e mail. Lemmie know if you do not get it. Today I am currently smoking 2 6 lbs Butts for tommorow. I was told no rain today. Just as I was firing up the smoker, drizzle decided to try to wet my coal!! Was able to get going. Drizzle stopped. I am looking forward to a long day of beer and smoke. Sounds like a good Saturday to me /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back