This servo came with my Adapt-a-Damper kit. I was able to fix it. Smoke on!
I replaced the servo with a TowerPro SG92R digital servo. I also polished the mating surfaces with toothpaste (one of my Dad’s old Navy tricks). It’s working fine now. Next task is to find a higher output blower that will fit in the case. Then I’m going to do a full write up.I see your point on trying to find reliable ones cause your supplying them
Did that servo fit in the Damper body? I bought some to try out and they're slightly different dimensions. Everything is the same except the overall height (the SG92R is a few mm shorter) and the size of the large nub on top is just a little bigger diameter (~0.2mm) on the SG92R. I get around 11.66mm diameter on the SG92R and 11.48mm on the SG90. MG90 are larger than that at around 12.5mm if I remember correctly. The motors inside the SG90 and SG92R are identical in dimensions.I replaced the servo with a TowerPro SG92R digital servo.
Oh those look like actual legit TowerPros. I got a pack of 5x knockoffs so mine might be slightly different. It fit into the Adapt-A-Damper slot, but only after some trimming and an unreasonable amount of force to insert it. Like Bob suggests, I am designing a new top to fit it exactly and put it out on the grill for some testing.