Weird fan issue

PaulFisher

TVWBB Super Fan
I just built my first HeaterMeter and I'm having this weird issue with the fan. I asked Bryan about it and he is looking into it I was wondering if anyone has seen this sort of behavior before. The setpoint is 225 and I just have the pit probe plugged inside my house so the fan is running at 100% but it seems to pulsate. Please take a look at the video below. Anyone have any suggestions? The mininum fan speed is set to 110% and the max is set to 100%. These were the defaults in the configuration page. Thanks

http://youtu.be/-HoOu5ccm8I

The mininum fan speed is set to 110% and the max is set to 100%.

Does the same thing happen when you set the MIN fan speed to 0 (or anything BELOW 100%)??? Or is 110% a typo?

EDIT: BTW, mine does the same thing, or something similar... It seems to run faster for a while then run slower for a spell and cycles like that.

When the fan Min/Max are set to not allow full range of operation the HM will add up the portions that are not within the operation range and deliver them in pulses that are within the fans operational range. So it seems to me this is what is going on here, I have no idea what setting the MIN fan speed ABOVE the MAX is doing to the HM's little brain, but it's dealing with it the best it can... lol

Last edited:
Normally I do not set the Min to 110% (or anything above the MAX), but when I did the same thing happened, or what I described above...

Well I turned everything off and started from scratch. Turned on the HM and plugged in the probe and made sure I had the right preset for ET73 and then plugged the fan in. The min fan speed changed to 10% and max to 100. The pulsating at that point stopped and I could change the max fan speed to other settings and the fan would change accordingly. So it seems to have fixed itself for the moment.

Ralph it was not a typo earlier the minimum was 110 and max was 100. I'm guessing that is what was messing up the fan. I tried changing it to something below 100 but the fan would completely turn off. Who knows. Not sure how those numbers got in their.

Back