Weekend smoke

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey all,
I would like to try something new this weekend. I have had exelent luck with turkeys' salmon turns out to be just a snack. I am getting better at ribs thanks to this site. But I want to try something new. I have only smoked the before mentioned meats, and would like to take a break from the ribs. Does anyone have any advise?

Can't go wrong with a pork Butt. Very foregiving piece of meat and so darn tasty.
icon_biggrin.gif

If you want a relatively quick cook, try the stuffed pork loin thing (with spinach or broccoli rabe, provolone, roasted peppers, etc...) that's been making the rounds on the BBQ boards. Good stuff! A quick search here should give you the details.

If you haven't tried the Butts before, that would be my w/e cook. There are 3 of us in the house that eat Boston Butt, and I made 17#'s of boneless butt for last night. Keep a 3-4 day supply in the fridge, 1-2# bags go in the freezer. I never get tired of B-Butt, or ribs!

At least once a month I smoke catfish filets. They are somewhat a snack as well but if you can find the big 1 -2 lb filets they are excellent.

The butts as everyone else are always great and a good easy cook.

I also just done the meatloaf from this site 2 weekends ago and it was great as well, and alot shorter cook.

A 3 -4 lb turkey breast is a good choice too.

Randy

Back