Weber's latest

That new Genesis is calling my name. My Genesis Platinum still cooks fine, but I'd really find the front to back burners useful.

I wonder if it has the same grill size, i.e. will by cast iron Weber grill plates still fit?

I saw one of the new Genesis at Lowes the other day. Steve,it comes with the PCI grates,and it looks to be the same size as my '09 Genesis grates.
My only concern with it was the space between the burners. On the older Genesis models.there is about 3-4 inches between the burners,giving a very even heat across the grates. I've even been known to turn the front burner down low to get great results. But on the new models,there is about a 5-7 inch space between the burners. I'm afraid that there would be a cool(er) spot between the burners,giving an uneven heat. Maybe if they had a fourth burner,it might give better heat distribution. This,of course,is just my .02!

Got the Genesis S330 a month ago, and I can honestly say, that I have never used a grill with more even heat across the grate.

Morten,cool! Thanks for putting my worries to rest. Of course,my Genesis is only a year and a half old. It's gonna be MANY moons before I get to try the new configuration!

You're welcome! My Q300 was smashed to pieces in october, so I had to get me another gas-grill - I love cooking with charcoal/briquettes, but "the every day grilling" is so much easier with gas. Fortunately, I was allowed to buy the S330 before it was released in the danish shops... I love my Jenny!

All of the new grills are on the floor in stores in Springfield, Il.

I was in St. Louis and a large dealer, Forshaw, only had last year's grills.

Hey everyone,
Just connected up my 2011 Weber Genesis tonight. Had to remove the old 1/2" natural gas quick connect from my deck and put on the 3/8".

Started it up an it reached 500 degrees F in about 8 minutes. So far I'm lovin it. Will try actually cooking something on it in a day or two.

I'm actually a proud new owner of the E-310, and I agree with Morten- I have never cooked on a more evenly heated grill. Mine doesn't have the searing station either.

I was very concerned at first that such a large gap between burners might cause warm/cold spots but after some research I decided to make the leap and buy it! I'm very used to having 2 side shelves with other grills so the fact that they moved the knobs upfront and cleared off the 2nd shelf is just fantastic!

Back